Promos and Bonuses for Canadian Gamblers
Online gambling is one of the most popular pastimes in many parts of the world. It provides unsurpassed convenience to Canadian gamblers, especially, who want to play their favorite slots and table games from the comforts of home. Gambling bonuses are a great choice for boosting your bankroll or even giving you some free cash to try new games or software.
What are Gambling Bonuses?
Gambling bonuses are sums of money provided to players in exchange for creating an account with an online casino, making a deposit, utilizing a specific payment gateway, or even participating in a special event. A promo may include a small sum of cash, usually between $5 and $25, that you can use to play a limited selection of games, a set number of free spins for one or more predetermined slot machines, or even free play time that gives you up to an hour to play as much as you'd like and rack up the wins.
Different Bonus Types
During your time in an online gambling venue, you may be able to access the following types of promos and bonuses:
- Sign Up Bonus - A sign up offer consists of anything from a deposit match to a free sum of money depending on the venue. These are often some of the most valuable offers out there.
- No Deposit Promo - In this case, you can get things like free spins or free time to enjoy the various games you like best, even before you make a deposit.
- Reload Bonus - This type of offer is the most common. Essentially, the venue will match your deposit by a specific percentage up to a certain amount in order to give you more value for your money.
Any of these options can provide you with extra money that could help you enjoy all your favorite gambling activities and perhaps even win a jackpot along the way.
Free Spins vs. Free Time vs. Free Money
Any of these options may become available to you at any time, whether you are a new player just creating an account or you receive an offer in an email from the venue. Each one has its own unique set of benefits, and you may prefer one over the other.
- Free Spins - As its name would imply, you can get a specific number of spins to use on a slot (or multiple slots) that the venue makes available to you. This is often most common with the release of a brand-new slot machine.
- Free Time - In this case, you can play for 15 minutes to as long as an hour and rack up the wins. Games may be limited to slots or other games that have a relatively high house advantage.
- Free Money - Finally, you may be offered anywhere from $5 to $50 to use as you please in exchange for creating an account, filling out a survey, or spending a certain amount of money within a specific time.
Understanding Wagering and Playthrough Requirements
Gambling bonuses come with associated wagering or playthrough requirements that must be met before you can withdraw anything you win with those bonuses. For example, if you are given $5 in free money, but there is a 50x wagering requirement attached to that, you will need to wager 50 times that $5, or $250 in total, before you will be withdraw of winnings earned with the initial $5. In some cases, the wagering requirements may force you to spend several thousands of dollars before you can process a withdrawal, so be sure to read the terms and conditions of the bonus before you accept.
The best gambling bonuses are those that are easy for you to obtain, suit your play style, and come with wagering or playthrough requirements you can live with. Look through the options that are available to you, read the terms carefully, and choose the one that best suits your needs.